Register for NAFEMS congress and check also the list of Particleworks presentations!
Date: 25 - 29 October 2021 - all the presentation will be on the 26th of October live and virtual
Official web site: www.nafems.org/congress
Presentation Title: E-drives spray cooling optimization by Moving Particle Simulation
Presenter Company: NIDEC PSA EMOTORS SAS
Presentation Title: Large bore engine lubrication system: oil flow and pressure analysis by Moving Particle Simulation
Presenter Company: Wärtsilä Italia S.p.A.
Presentation Title: Thermal Simulation of an Oil-Cooled E-Motor
Presenter Company: EnginSoft UK Ltd
Presentation Title: Shape optimization of tire tread pattern to minimize water splashing on vehicle body using particle method CFD simulation
Presenter Company: Prometech Software, Inc.
TREMEC is a manufacturer of automobile transmissions and drivetrain components EnginSoft will host a free webinar with TREMEC on November 10
Title: SIMULATION OF OIL MANAGEMENT FOR TRANSMISSIONS USING MPS
In this webinar Mattia Porchetta, oil management engineer from Tremec, will provide us with industry insights about the role of simulation on how to improve the oil management in transmissions for high performance applications.
The event agenda and registration form is available at:
Particleworks - meshfree liquid flow simulation software
Meshfree liquid flow simulation software
Particleworks is a CAE software for the simulation of liquid flows based on the Moving Particle Simulation method (MPS).
The MPS solves the Navier-Stokes equations with a deterministic Lagrangian Method.
In Particleworks the fluid is discretized by particles and there is no need for a computational grid. The meshless nature and the intuitive interfaces make the simulation process simple and fast, even for complex geometries with moving parts.
Particleworks is widely used in different industrial sectors, from automotive and aerospace to consumer goods, from power generation to the Food & Beverage industry.
The Particleworks development is industry-driven and benefits from the strict collaboration between industry, the software development team at Prometech Software and Prof . Seiichi Koshizuka of the University of Tokyo, inventor of the MPS method.
CAD based, No Meshing Needed
Particleworks reads the solid parts of your CAD, there is no need to extract the fluid volume or to build a computational grid.
Particles discretize the fluid, while the wall boundary conditions are defined by so called “distance functions” and do not need the usage of “wall particles”.
Main Industrial Applications of Particleworks
- Oil splasing and forced lubrication of transmissions – mechanical and electrical
- Bearings – oil and grease lubrication.
- Engine lubrication, gradeability analysis, oil separation in breather chambers.
- Oil sump aeration.
- Piston cooling and E-motors cooling: thanks to the heat transfer capability, Particleworks can predict oil temperature, piston and windings temperature for IC engines and running-wet e-drives.
- Interaction between vehicles and water, mud, snow – wading, soiling and contamination analysis including the aerodynamic effects.
- Water turbine for torque and power prediction.
- Highly viscous flows – detergents, food, cement, glue, etc.
- Liquid and liquid-gas flow
- Heat Transfer, Heat Conduction in solids and Conjugate
- Heat Transfer Heat Transfer Coefficient calculation and export
- Internal air flow solver
- Intuitive interface, pre-solution-post in one GUI
- Easy handling and moving parts with 6 degrees of freedom
- Automatic Simulation process and pre-post via Python scripting
- Automatic output of forces and torque (e.g. churning losses)
- Multi-core and multi-GPU calculation
- Powerful flow visualization
- Mapping of pressure and HTC on walls for FEA analysis
- Coupling to Multi-Body and FEA solvers
- Coupling between fluid and solid granular flow (MPS + DEM)